Resource Area For Teaching (“RAFT,” “we,” or “our”) respects your privacy.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally or relates to you as an identifiable individual, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. In general, we may collect the following types of Personal Information through the Sites and via the other sources listed above:
Customer Information. We request personal information when you sign up as a customer, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, payment card information, and other information.
We may also collect certain optional information, including:
- the subject(s) you teach;
- the name, address, and phone number of the organization at which you teach;
- proof of your membership eligibility/affiliation with a qualifying educational or child care institution or program (proof of affiliation includes a pay-stub, current Teachers Association card, school ID, child care license, business card, or note on letterhead from an eligible organization, such as a school, community program, or licensed childcare facility);
- information about how you were referred to our Site;
- the principal of the school at which you teach; and
- additional contact information, (mentioned above), mobile number, or fax number.
We will use the information that you provide to us to confirm your eligibility for membership with RAFT. Upon confirmation, we will assign a RAFT ID number to you.
If you are renewing your membership to RAFT, we ask for your first and last name and RAFT ID number.
Donor Information. We collect your name, address, email address, telephone number, and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, at a special event, over the phone, or by mailing in a check.
Events, Program & Volunteers. When you register for an event or program, or sign-up to be a volunteer, we collect certain information from you, including your name, email address, address, phone number and other contact information, as well as the name of your school or organization, the grade and subject you teach.
Other Sources. We also may collect information about you from our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties and sources. For example, we may collect information about current or potential members or donors from public records, public sources, and third parties. We may combine this information with the Personal Information we have collected directly from you.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the Personal Information we collect about you for the following types of purposes:
- to complete your orders and transactions, process returns, respond to your requests or inquiries, and for similar customer-service-related purposes;
- to administer events, surveys, questionnaires, and programs;
- to evaluate your eligibility for membership;
- to process payments, including membership payments and donations;
- to adjust our offerings or services to you and to tailor the information we send or display to you;
- to provide you with information that we believe you may find of interest, including to send you marketing and promotional emails and to solicit donations;
- to communicate with you about your membership;
- to authenticate visitors to our Sites; and
- to improve our Sites, offerings or services and to better understand how users access and use our Sites and offerings, on an aggregated or individualized basis.
How We Disclose Personal Information
We may disclose Personal Information to third parties for the following sorts of purposes:
- to our contractors or service providers (such as service providers who help us to administer our website) who provide services or perform functions on our behalf;
- to protect against potential fraud in the course of processing a payment or donation (for example, if you use a credit or debit card on the Sites, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address match the information that you supply to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen);
- in response to a subpoena or other legal process by a governmental entity or third party, or if otherwise required by law;
- to enforce our terms and conditions, protect or enforce our rights, privacy, safety, or property and/or that of you or others; and
- in connection with the transfer or other disposition of assets, in whole or in part, of RAFT or any of its affiliates (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Except as stated above, we will not share your Personal Information with other organizations. We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
We may publicly recognize you as a member or a donor, or otherwise use your Personal Information or other content that you voluntarily submit to us via our Sites or social media pages, for referral, testimonial, example, or publicity purposes.
Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
Browser or device. Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that our Sites function properly.
Web Beacons. Web beacons (also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on webpages and may not be disabled or controlled through your browser. They may be used to, among other things, track the actions of our users (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of our services and response rates.
Surveys and Questionnaires
We may administer surveys and questionnaires to members. Your participation is entirely voluntary. If you do participate, we may combine your responses with the other information we have collected about you. We will not share your individual responses with third parties, other than our service providers who help us to administer and analyze the results, unless we notify you first and obtain your consent. We may share aggregated or de-identified responses that do not individually identify you.
Third-Party Services and Links
Newsletters & Marketing Communications
We may send you emails from time-to-time about information that we believe may be of interest to you, including our newsletter. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving these emails, you may follow the opt-out instructions contained in any such email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails or promotions from us, we still may send you important administrative emails about your account, your membership or any products or services you have requested or received from us, or for other non-promotional purposes, from which you cannot opt out.
We may send direct mail to your postal address for reasons related to your RAFT member account. You may also receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events.
We use physical, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect the security of the Personal Information that you provide to us. Despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, computer, and web-enabled devices, among other things, by signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your password private. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Children Under 13
Our Sites are designed for, and membership available to, educators, not students. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information online from children under 13. If we become aware that we have received any such information, we will take immediate steps to delete it.
Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, or criminal background) on or through the Sites or otherwise to us.
Third-Party Payment Services
RAFT Bay Area
1355 Ridder Park Drive
San Jose, CA 95131
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.