When you visited www.raft.net you probably noticed a change. Surprise! We are happy to announce that RAFT has a new website!
2020 seems to be the year of changes, and RAFT is no exception. We are excited about this good change.
For the past 4 months, RAFT staff has been busy working on the new website. We took time to really think about what we wanted to showcase and what would provide the best experience for our community.
But why a new website? For any company that has been around for decades, it is inevitable that an update to a website, and other marketing materials, will be needed. With the changing needs of the education community, especially in light of COVID-19, it was time that RAFT update. With our new website, we are:
- Introducing ourselves to the community. Our current community will be re-introduced to RAFT and all of our resources. We also hope that new community members will learn about RAFT.
- Improving the user experience so our community can more easily find the resources they need.
- Meeting the ever-changing demands of the educational system. COVID-19 has drastically changed the educational environment, most notably the demand for distance learning. Along with working on the new website, RAFT has been creating and updating educator resources for distance learning. The new website will help us more easily share these resources; educators will more easily access the resources, and RAFT will continue to add more.
- Taking the RAFT Store online. The RAFT staff loves hearing about how much our members enjoy shopping at RAFT, but we want to reach, and support, as many people as possible. Our new website will allow us to offer online shopping options.
- Recognizing that everyone is an educator. COVID-19 taught us many things and one of the main lessons was that everyone is an educator in some way. To keep up with the changing demands of our community, we are happy to expand that definition for those who are able to get a membership.
RAFT is excited about the launch of our new website and the new chapter this offers for the organization. We want to thank RolloutSF for all their help with the website.
We also want to thank our community for all their support over the past couple of decades and for their continued support for the future of RAFT.