Donate to RAFT
Whether you’re donating in-kind goods, monetarily, or donating your time – RAFT appreciates your support!
Fills a shopping cart with materials for a teacher to build an effective, efficient, and inspiring learning environment.
Creates a class-set of hands-on learning Activity Kits, breaking down learning barriers and bringing curriculum alive.
Provides extended Professional Development, classroom observations, and ongoing support for one teacher, fostering new skills, inspiration, and student impact through hands-on techniques.
Make a Donation Today
Your donation helps inspire creativity. Make a monetary donation with our quick and easy online form, or mail a check to RAFT (Attn: Development Department), 1355 Ridder Park Drive, San Jose, CA 95131.
What to Donate
RAFT relies on the business and manufacturing community to provide the bulk of materials found in our warehouse and distributed through various kits and programs.
Items that you’ve been discarding or recycling can become fascinating learning tools. With some imagination your odds and ends can be incredibly useful. If it’s clean, safe, and abundant; if it’s an interesting shape, color, or texture; if you think a kid might like it….call us.
We welcome donations from local businesses. We are not able to accept household donations from individuals, with the exception of children’s books and craft supplies.
RAFT is always looking for new items to create learning activities. Materials must be new, in clean condition, and suitable for student use. Bulk quantities are preferred.
While you must deliver or ship smaller quantities to us, RAFT does offer FREE pick up of donated materials for Bay Area businesses with at least one pallet-load (approximately 20-40 boxes) of materials set aside.
Corporate Donation Pickup Hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Items We Accept
- Office – calendars, erasers, pens, highlighters, markers, pencils, erasers, paper clips, staples and staplers, tape dispensers, adhesive tape, rubber bands, maps
- Arts and Crafts – Stretched canvases, colored cellophane, drawing materials, framing materials (matt board, frames), scrapbooking supplies, stickers
- Manufacturing/packaging materials – Collapsible boxes, decorative gift boxes, end cuts and punch outs from manufacturing, foam pieces, mailers, misses or overruns
- Lab equipment – New beakers, flasks and test tubes, funnels, working microscopes, petri dishes, pipettes, tips and trays, vials, gloves
- Promotional items – Corporate branded bags, mugs, caps, t-shirts, polo shirts, trade show gifts
- Paper – Cardboard tubes, packaged cardstock and colored paper, packaged copy paper, foam core board, envelopes, poster board, cash register tape, paper or canvas bags, tissue paper
- Party supplies – Balloons, seasonal party supplies, holiday decorations
- Textiles – Carpet squares, large fabric pieces, sample books, string, yarn
- Kitchen – Coffee stirrers, clean new food trays, drinking cups, strawberry baskets, plastic bottles, straws. All items must be new and unused.
- Specialty items – Foil printing paper, corks, rubber goods, beads, dowels, scrap wood, plastic containers, film canisters with lids
Items We DO NOT Accept
Due to space constraints, at times we may not be able to take certain items even though they appear on our list. RAFT reserves the right to refuse donations even if they have been approved unseen via the phone or email.
- Soiled, hazardous, contaminated, or broken items
- Large furniture items such as desks or partitions. Please click here for information about furniture we can accept.
- Containers that once held food (including vitamins/medications) or chemicals such as soap, bleach, or petroleum products
- Sharp items, such as needles or metal/glass fragments
- Teaching manuals, guidebooks, or lesson plans
- CRT monitors, old computers or software, mouse pads
- Binders (please call ahead first to see if we can accept them)
- Household items, such as clothes, infant items, or appliances
- Packaging supplies (i.e. peanuts or packing foam), Styrofoam, newspapers, pinecones, bark, or animal items
Pickup Request Form
All donations to RAFT are tax-deductible as allowed by law.