Supports the development of free home-based STEAM Learning Activity Sheets
Ensures 20 STEAM kits get into the hands of students who need it most
Covers the cost of RAFT membership for 10 educators/parents
Funds the production of 4 professional development online workshops
Supports scholarships for 4 students for a one-week session at our online or in-person STEAM Summer Camps
Brings our Maker Mobile to your school/organization for an entire week for up to 25 students
Supplies up to 10 schools with a year of STEAM resources
Other Ways to Give
- Donate by phone: Please call 408-451-1420
- Donate by check: RAFT (Attn: Development), 1355 Ridder Park Drive, San Jose, CA 95131
- Donate Assets
- Corporate Material Donations
- AmazonSmile: Shop at smile.amazon.com, select “RAFT - Resource Area For Teaching” as your beneficiary, and Amazon will donate a portion of your purchase to us.
- Employer matching: Ask your company if they match donations.
- Stock Donations: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions? Email email@example.com
You do not need a PayPal account to donate with the PayPal option. Click on the "Pay with PayPal" button and select "Checkout as Guest" or "Pay with Debit or Credit Card."
Due to the recent passage of the CARES Act, donors receive the following adjustments for giving during this crisis:
- Donors who itemize deductions may deduct 100% of their cash gifts to nonprofits with no limit, instead of the usual 60% of AGI (adjusted gross income) maximum when giving directly to a charity.
- Donors who do not itemize deductions have an allowable deduction for charitable contributions (not to exceed $300).
- Donors making a planned gift may be able to offset a significant taxable income event in 2020 with a substantial charitable contribution.
- If you take the standard deduction on your taxes, any cash gift you make directly to RAFT, or any other qualifying non-profit in 2020 (and possibly beyond) may allow you to take up to a $300 above-the-line deduction on your taxes to be paid in 2021. The deduction is up to $600 for married couples. This above-the-line adjustment to your income will reduce your adjusted gross income (AGI), and thereby will also reduce your taxable income. This deduction applies only to cash gifts made directly to non-profits. Gifts to donor-advised funds, supporting organizations, or private foundations do not qualify for this deduction. Stock gifts also do not qualify for this deduction. Please talk with your accountant for details.
We are a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, EIN 77-0365627. All donations to RAFT are tax-deductible to the limit allowed by the law. No goods or services will be provided in exchange for your contribution.
As a donor submitting personally identifying information (“Personal Information”) to us or any of our staff, you consent to the terms and conditions of the policy and to our processing and use of Personal Information for the purposes stated below.
Donor Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us via one of the email addresses identified on our website or when you otherwise contact us in person, by phone, or by email. We collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event. We also collect your name, email address, telephone number, and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, at a special event, over the phone, or by mailing in a check. The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by RAFT. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We do not sell or share donor information with other organizations. This includes information collected online and offline.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will collect payment information, billing address, and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with the legal process served on us.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address match the information that you supply to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing.