Distributes 10 kits to Title 1 students in Santa Clara County
Develops new home-based STEAM Learning Activity Sheets
Provides RAFT professional development workshops for a school
Sponsors 50 students in RAFT summer programs
Supports a school STEAM Showcase community event of up to 500 students
Supplies up to 10 schools with a year of STEAM resources
Other Ways to Give
- Donate by phone: Please call 408-451-1420
- Donate by check: RAFT (Attn: Development), 1355 Ridder Park Drive, San Jose, CA 95131
- Donate Assets
- Corporate Material Donations
- AmazonSmile: Shop at smile.amazon.com, select “RAFT - Resource Area For Teaching” as your beneficiary, and Amazon will donate a portion of your purchase to us.
- Employer matching: Ask your company if they match donations.
- Stock Donations: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions? Email email@example.com
Due to the recent passage of the CARES Act, donors receive the following adjustments for giving during this crisis:
- Donors who itemize deductions may deduct 100% of their cash gifts to nonprofits with no limit, instead of the usual 60% of AGI (adjusted gross income) maximum when giving directly to a charity.
- Donors who do not itemize deductions have an allowable deduction for charitable contributions (not to exceed $300).
- Donors making a planned gift may be able to offset a significant taxable income event in 2020 with a substantial charitable contribution.
- If you take the standard deduction on your taxes, any cash gift you make directly to RAFT, or any other qualifying non-profit in 2020 (and possibly beyond) may allow you to take up to a $300 above-the-line deduction on your taxes to be paid in 2021. The deduction is up to $600 for married couples. This above-the-line adjustment to your income will reduce your adjusted gross income (AGI), and thereby will also reduce your taxable income. This deduction applies only to cash gifts made directly to non-profits. Gifts to donor-advised funds, supporting organizations, or private foundations do not qualify for this deduction. Stock gifts also do not qualify for this deduction. Please talk with your accountant for details.
We are a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, EIN 77-0365627. All donations to RAFT are tax-deductible to the limit allowed by the law. No goods or services will be provided in exchange for your contribution.